Cambridge Preparation (FCE and CAE)
The Cambridge Preparation courses will prepare you to successfully undertake the Cambridge First English (FCE) and/or Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) exams.
These intensive language programs will provide you with the language skills necessary to communicate effectively in both a professional and academic environment.
Curtin English also pays for you to sit the FCE and CAE exams when you are ready.
What the course involves
The Cambridge Preparation courses aim to ensure that learners will be able to:
- confidently handle a range of reading and listening texts
- write effectively in a range of genres (for example, letters, reports and reviews)
- develop competence for face-to-face interaction
- have good control over grammar and vocabulary at Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2-C1.
Exam techniques and exam practice are integrated into the program to further prepare you for the FCE or CAE examinations.
The program includes the use of a learner journal to encourage the development of reflective and critical thinking.
CRICOS code: 081753K
Duration (each level): 10 weeks
Total contact hours: 250 (20 hours per week structured learning and 5 hours per week guided study component)
English level required for entry:
- FCE: Upper intermediate or advanced (IELTS 5.5 or 6.0 overall or equivalent)
- CAE: Advanced (IELTS 6.5 overall or equivalent)